MSU Study Abroad students and any other MSU community members traveling abroad: (517) 353-3784

The number above is a dedicated emergency collect-call phone number. It provides emergency assistance to any member of the MSU community who is abroad on University business or study abroad.

Non-study abroad MSU faculty, staff and non-study abroad MSU students traveling on University business MUST register their trip in the MSU Global Travel Registry.  Registering your trip in this database is a University requirement.  Your registration in the MSU Global Travel Registry allows the University to share important health and safety information pre-departure, and to provide emergency services if necessary.

Other Options for All Travelers:

For health issues if you have medical travel insurance call the phone number on your medical travel insurance card.

Travel documents, resources, emergency U.S. State Department information link.

Illness and injury abroad Centers for Disease Control and Prevention link.

Call the phone number on your medical travel insurance card.


All travelers should register their travel abroad with the U.S. State Department’s travel registration site. In doing so, if you are victim of crime, or are in an emergency or crisis situation, in the country you are traveling the local U.S. Embassy would be in a better position to assist you.

Travel registration is a free service provided by the U.S. Government to U.S. citizens who are traveling to, or living in, a foreign country.